Thursday, February 23, 2017

Functional JavaScript for Lazy Developers (Like Me)

One of the core concepts that has driven my quest for knowledge about programming techniques has always been my own laziness. After all, what attracted me to computers back when I first started playing with them was the notion that they could do things for me. All I had to do was sit back and tell them what I wanted.

But I quickly learned that computers were very literal. Unless I told them exactly what I expected in explicit and unambiguous terms, using a language that they understood, they would rarely give me back what I had in mind. And being lazy, I didn't want to work any harder than I had to, to express my intentions.

I had then seen JavaScript go from a few imperative one-liners to large and convoluted object-oriented applications, and there seemed to be no end in sight to the complexity. I started to look for ways to make coding easier and more fun. And that search led me directly to functional programming.

Continue reading %Functional JavaScript for Lazy Developers (Like Me)%


by M. David Green via SitePoint

No comments:

Post a Comment