Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Calypso: The Desktop App for WordPress

I use WordPress for most of my work. Whether I'm building WordPress websites for clients, or I'm writing blog posts and developing content for my own sites. Everything I do tends to involve WordPress. However, I don’t like always having to do things in the browser. Trust me, I have enough tabs open as it is. That’s why I was excited to hear about Calypso, WordPress’ desktop app for writing and editing blog posts. I’ve been wanting a separate desktop app for a long time, so I decided to try it out.

Calypso WordPress Desktop App

Are You Managing Multiple WordPress Sites?

Calypso is perfect for you! All you need to do is download the desktop apps from WordPress.com and enable management from the dashboard of each site (or Jetpack for self hosted sites). Then, you can edit posts as needed, updating them with new content. You can also create new posts. You can go to the icon of your profile and go down to the bottom right section where it says to add a WordPress site. Imagine not having to log in and out of every WordPress site you own. You can simply log into the Calypso interface and make a site active for adding or editing posts.

Adding sites

Working with Multiple Accounts in Calypso

After you’ve entered the credentials for all of your sites, you can click on 'My Sites' in the top left corner of the app, and you’ll see a stats page for the most recent site selected. You’ll see information about the number of visits you’ve received, where they are from and their search terms, and what posts and pages they have visited. You’ll also see the top referring sites that are sending visitors to your website.

Continue reading %Calypso: The Desktop App for WordPress%


by James George via SitePoint

No comments:

Post a Comment